Home

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What else does WD 40 do?

I would have to say that WD 40 is quite the little miracle products.  I really try my best to not use things that are bad for the environment or my family.  BUT, let me just say with a big BUT that sometimes I fail, out of frustration, laziness or just plan brain deadness. 

We live in the Tri-Cites, Dessert with very very hard water.  Our water is so hard it dries like chalk, I am not kidding.  We are looking at moving from our home and I really wanted to get those darn bath tubs clean.  Of course they are fiber glass and everything you can use on them is taboo.  RIGHT!  Who listen to the manufacturer any way.

I have tried Comet, Soft Scrub, Oxyclean and Bleach (at the same time)  and could not get that hard water stains off.  You know the ones, the ones that look like you are a pig and you never clean your tub.  It is totally gross.  Makes me wonder, never mind that will conjure up all other things.  Any way, where was I.  I guess I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try.  (I saw it on the Internet how bad could it be. ) 

I sprayed it in just a spot, ok a rather large spot.  Got the scrubbiest scrubber I had and was ready to go to town.  I let it sit 5 minutes, it was hard to wait, but it did it.  I put a lot of elbow grease it to it and it was smooth and white.  So, I went on the hunt for WD 40, sorry honey!  I sprayed and waited and scrubbed.
I was so proud.  WOW!!!! I was so exited I ran to the store and bought the extra large bottle and moved on to the next bathroom!  I was on my way. 

Here is my tip with the WD 40, follow it up with a little Dawn dish washing liquid on a washcloth and wipe down the spots you used the WD 40 on.  Just a little safety precaution, ask me how I how.

Happy Cleaning
M

No comments:

Post a Comment